Strategic Treasurer may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 16th, 2018.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM THE PEOPLE THAT VISIT OUR WEBSITE?
When ordering, registering, or downloading materials on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, company or other details to help us provide you with the best experience. We may collect the following information:
- name, job title, and place of employment
- contact information including email address and phone number
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or downloads
If you do not opt-in to receiving marketing emails, we will still provide you with the content you requested. The content will be sent to you via email and then your information will be removed from our database.
Who Is the Data Controller?
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
We collect information from you when you subscribe to a newsletter, register for a webinar, download reports, and/or fill out a form or enter information on our site. We only collect and save information that is voluntarily provided.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use your information to send you occasional information regarding our upcoming webinars, surveys, and report releases. We will never share your data with third parties without letting you know and receiving your consent.
ARE WE SHARING DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES?
When you sign up to attend a webinar you are agreeing to have your information shared with the co-host and partner on that specific webinar, solely for information regarding the webinar. Due to the nature of the webinar, you cannot opt-out of being contacted regarding the webinar. If you do not want to be contacted, unfortunately we will not be able to register you for the webinar.
For those located in the EU: for all other downloadable reports, you will be asked if you would like to share your information with the third-party associated with the report. You will have the option to opt-in to this. If you do not opt-in, you will still be able to download the report.
For those located outside of the EU: your information may be shared with the third-party associated with the report. You will see notice of this on each applicable form.
A merger, acquisition, divestiture, or similar transaction could trigger personal data sharing.
WHY ARE WE COLLECTING YOUR INFORMATION?
We require this information to understand your needs, provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests, requests for information, advise or professional services.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To calculate demographics for our events and offerings
We do not use your data to make automated decisions or to profile individuals.
HOW DO WE PROTECT VISITOR INFORMATION?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information and ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk. We do not currently process financial transactions on our website. In the future if we process financial transactions we will do that through a gateway provider and none of the financial information will be stored or processed on our servers.
- Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
- We use regular Malware Scanning.
- We use secure https:// for our primary websites which employs digital certificates for added security and as a means of visually showing this security feature.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- When filling out forms on our website, you will always be asked if you would like to be contacted. If you do not select this option, you will still be able to complete the task you set out to do. You are able to update this preference at any time.
- If at any time you would like to revoke your personal information, you can fill out the form here, call us at 678-466-2220, or email us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless, it is required by the service, we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please call us at 678-466-2220 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not charge for this information unless your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. If that is the case, we will inform you why. If you feel this is inaccurate, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
We will keep your information for up to two (2) years. After this two-year period has expired, we will contact you again to confirm your information is still accurate and that you still wish to receive information from us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please call us at 678-466-2220 or email us as soon as possible at email@example.com. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. If you would like your data to be erased from our system, please contact us and we will take care of that promptly.
As individuals covered under GDPR you have the right to “portable” personal data. This means that there is a right to move, copy or transmit personal data from one IT environment to another. This applies only to the following:
- Personal data an individual provided to Strategic Treasurer
- Data processing that relies on consent or the performance of a contract for a legal basis, and
- Data processing that is automated.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
HOW WILL THIS AFFECT ME?
There should be no adverse effects on you for sharing your information with us.
Due to the sensitive nature of some of our survey questions, we use your information differently for our surveys. We ask for your contact information to verify the validity of the data you provide us. We also use this information to alert you if you have won one of our survey prizes. If you would like to be contacted about the results release (either via a webinar or a report), you will have to select that you want this information.
DO WE USE ‘COOKIES’?
Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled; however, it should not affect your user experience.
THIRD PARTY DISCLOSURE
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, we reserve the right for non-personally identifiable visitor information to be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
We have implemented the following:
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions, and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
Users are able to change their personal information:
- By emailing us
- By calling us
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (CHILDREN ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online. We do not specifically market to children under 13. We don’t specifically market to anyone under the age of 18 either.
FAIR INFORMATION PRACTICES
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify the users via email within 7 business days.
- We will notify the users via in site notification within 7 business days.
We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM ACT
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
- If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
- If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can unsubscribe by selecting the link in your email for unsubscribe. This is managed through ConstantContact automatically.
What Is Your Legal Basis for Collecting the Data?
Based on your consent and the necessity of your information in order to provide you content, credits, and webinars, Strategic Treasurer’s collection and management of data is compliant under GDPR and other data regulations mentioned above.
What Happens If a Data Subject Does Not Provide the Data?
Providing your data is not mandatory on our site, but if you choose not to provide your personal data in forms or places that require your information, you will likely be unable to receive any downloads or services from Strategic Treasurer.
525 Westpark Drive, Suite 130
Peachtree City, Georgia 30269
Last Edited on 2018-05-16