Dates / Times
Tuesday, March 21, 2023
11:00 AM – 11:30 AM EDT
Wednesday, March 22, 2023
2:00 PM – 2:30 PM EDT
This is an online event
Jason Campbell, Strategic Treasurer
Craig Jeffery, Strategic Treasurer
0.6 CTP re-certification credits will be given for attendance to this live webinar.
Companies are well-served by understanding the competitive position of interest rates, ECR, and bank fees in times of stability. It is far more urgent in times of rapid change and high volatility that treasury groups monitor this activity more closely and secure competitive rates quickly.
As the steward of good bank management, today’s treasurer wants to feel confident that the team is optimizing bank relationships, including fee structure. Being armed with data allows you to have a reasonable discussion with your banker about the overall compensation you are providing them. Any relationship with your bank includes a number of crucial factors, and not just fees alone. Key factors include the level of credit extended; advice and guidance provided; services and service level delivered; commitment to the relationship; fees, rates, and overall compensation.
Strategic Treasurer’s series on bank fee management will educate the profession on the following:
- Fair transparent market pricing and data for reasonable discussions with your banks.
- Tracking ECR to make good investment/budget decisions.
- How has ECR been changing generally and with the rates paid to banks?
- How delayed ECR movements or shifts are, if at all?
- Optimizing your service lineup for efficiency and controls.
- Reducing fees by eliminating unnecessary services.
- Ensuring fee spend matches banking priorities (share of wallet).